This climbing guidebook contains a choice of multi-pitch routes for a number of major destinations around the world; for each destination, the selection of routes is easily sufficient to fill a first trip.
The main criterion for selecting the climbing areas was how interesting the climbing is. However, accessibility from Europe, relatively stable weather during suitable climbing seasons, and a lack of prohibitive political tension were also essential conditions. The obligatory grade for the routes described ranges from 6a to 6c for bolted routes and from 5c to 6b for trad routes:
– The Calanques and the Verdon Gorge in Southern France, and Sardinia: bolted limestone climbs on exceptional rock faces and stunning surroundings
– The Meteora in Greece: quite reasonable grades but sometimes very runout climbs on surrealist conglomerate towers
– The Wadi Rum in Jordan: quite sustained “trad” climbs on sandstone walls in an unforgettable environment
– The Tsaranoro massif in Madagascar: bolted but rather committing climbs on large granite walls
– Red Rocks and Zion Parks in the USA: often reasonable “trad” climbs on truly fabulous sandstone walls
Some may consider seven areas to be too few. Don’t be frustrated: on the contrary, view this guidebook as a good guide for a first trip, with all the info you need for six more at your fingertips!
The guidebook: 35,00€ (postage paid)